Lift Thine Eyes (2001)
Lift Thine Eyes -- Sacred Music sung by the University of Notre Dame Women's Liturgical Choir
The Women's Liturgical Choir, under the direction of Dr. Andrew McShane and accompanied on this recording by Dr. Gail Walton, presents music of many different musical periods and styles.
Following the success of Cantate Domino -- Music from the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, the Women's Liturgical Choir set out to make a recording of great music for women's voices. All of the music on this recording was originally heard at 5 p.m. Vigil Masses throughout the year at the Basilica.
At the core of this recording is music composed by Felix Mendelssohn for women's voices. From the Advent selection "Veni Domine" to the Easter piece "Surrexit Pastor Bonus," a selection of his wonderful music is presented.
Also included on this recording is the beautiful music of Pablo Casals. The three Casals pieces are favorites of both the Director and the women of the Choir.
The recording concludes with the University of Notre Dame Alma Mater, "Notre Dame, Our Mother."
CD Track List
1. Lift Thine Eyes to the Mountains - Felix Mendelsshon-Bartholdy
Laudate pueri Dominum, op. 39, Nr.2 - Felix Mendelsshon-Bartholdy
2. Laudate pueri
3. Beati Omnes
Veni Domine, op. 39, Nr. 1 - Felix Mendelsshon-Bartholdy
4. Veni Domine
5. Excita Domine
Surrexit pastor bonus, op. 39, Nr. 3 - Felix Mendelsshon-Bartholdy
6. Surrexit pastor bonus
7. Tulerunt Dominum meum
8. Surrexit Christus spes mea
9. Surrexit pastor bonus
10. I Got a Robe - arr. Michael Neaum
11. Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child - arr. Michael Neaum
12. Eucharistica - Pablo Casals
13. Canço a la Verge - Pablo Casals
14. Nigra Sum - Pablo Casals
15. Jesus Christ the Apple Tree - Elizabeth Poston
16. The Lord Bless You and Keep You - John Rutter
17. My Song is Love Unknown - arr. Donald Busarow
18. University of Notre Dame Alma Mater - Casasanta/O'Donnell, C.S.C